GeoTek conducts Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) in general accordance with the American Society and Materials (ASTM) E1527 standard. Additional attention can be given to special needs of our clients and their lenders. The scope of the Phase I ESA generally includes the following elements:
- Visual inspection and documentation of the property and its operations for existing or potential environmental hazards.
- Visual observation and evaluation of adjacent properties, from the exterior, for likelihood to impact the subject property.
- Interviews and review of various sources of documentation regarding current and historical uses.
- Review of regulatory database records.
- Review of readily available historic records, including aerial photography, construction permits, criss-cross city directories, fire insurance maps, and topographic maps.